Direct TGV trains arrive in the railway station of Marseille St Charles (2 mn walk from the conference venue) from:
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (Marne la vallée TGV station), duration 3h40
- Paris city (gare de Lyon station), duration 3h15
- Lyon (Lyon Part-Dieu station), duration 1h40
- Lille (Lille Europe station), duration 5h00
- Barcelona (Barcelona Sants station), duration 4h40
- Brussels (Bruxelles-Midi station), duration 5h45
Karlsruhe (Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof) , duration 6h35
Every 20mn from 5h10 to 10h10 & from 18h10 to 00h10 and every 15mn from 10h25 to 17h55 there is a departure of a shuttle bus from "Marseille-Provence Airport" to the railway station of Marseille St Charles (2 mn walk from the conference venue) "Gare Saint-Charles". It takes usually 30 minutes and costs about 9 € to reach the railway station (map). The "Vieux-Port" and most central hotels are located within 20 mn walking distance or 5 mn by subway from St-Charles. The shuttle bus tickets can be purchased at the Tickets office (see the map of the airport).
At the airport you will also find many taxis (around 60 euros by day and 80 euros by night from airport to Marseille city center) and car rental companies to bring you to Marseille city center.
Airport map: arrival / departure halls, Tickets office for shuttle to Marseille St Charles and taxi station
- From Paris and Lyon : A7
- From Italy (Genova) and Nice : A8 -> A51 -> A7
- From Spain (Barcelona), Montpellier and Nimes : A9 -> A54 -> A7
From Bordeaux and Toulouse : A62 -> A61 -> A9 -> A54 -> A7
Public transport in Marseille city center:
You can use subways, tramways and buses from the public transport company called "RTM". From the company website you can download several maps for subways and tramways. If you stay several days in Marseille, the best is probably to buy a ten travels card ("Carte 10 Voyages") at a subway station (electronic payment by credit card).
For more information, please visit the RTM webpage at